Lord, let me be a woman....
who brings good to others, not harm
who works with eager hands
who gets up early
who provides for her family
who is compassionate to those less fortunate than her
who considers before buying
who spends wisely
who works hard
who is generous to the poor and needy
who is devoted to God and her family
who is clothed with strength and dignity
who can laugh at the future
who speaks wisely
who guards her tongue
who doesn't waste time
who is a blessing to others
who fears the Lord
~I have been thinking a lot while being home these last couple of months. It's the first time in a long time that I've not had a whole lot to do. No school, no work, just being a wife, friend, daughter, and sister. I found myself somewhat lost yesterday, thinking about what I want. I miss teaching with all of my friends in Arizona, I miss going to school...I miss being busy! I miss looking forward to the weekends so I can sleep in! I felt really down, having a hard time finding my worth. But then I was reminded... My value is not in what I do, but in who I am before Christ. I was reminded that God has me in the season for a specific purpose. Proverbs 31 was broken down by a friend of mine in a way that really encouraged me. It was broken down into a prayer, with goals of who I want to be. What a gift it is to be a wife. Someday I will have the privilege of being a mother. When I thought about how much I look forward to that, I also thought about what God is trying to teach me before that time comes. I'm excited to have these quiet times alone at home, to get to know Him more. So, I'm learning how to be patient during this time. I look forward to what the future holds! I know God has a plan, and right now He's continuing to teach me how to TRUST with all of my heart with every single part of my future.
No comments:
Post a Comment